Issue: Philips Digital Pocket Memo (DPM) is not recognized by PC or DPM Download program when unit connects with PC
Option 1: Plug the DPM docking station (or USB cable) into a different USB port than the one you generally use.
1. Disable Windows AutoPlay feature for your Removable Storage Drives.
1. You may disable Autoplay for the device by right-clicking on My Computer, then select Manage.
2. Select Disk Management, then right-click on the disk drive assigned by Windows for the DPM, and select Properties.
3. Select Autoplay, then disable autoplay by selecting the option to ‘take no action’.
4. Then restart the PC and test the DPM connection.
1. Go to Start and open the Control Panel.
2. Click on Hardware and Sound
3. Then select Autoplay
4. Uncheck Use Autoplay for all media and devices. Then click Save.
5. Then restart the PC and test the DPM connection.