Quikscribe can email audio files as attachments providing you have a MAPI compliant e-mail client e.g. MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express. Before sending an audio file via e-mail it is highly recommended that your audio file is compressed. Otherwise it will take ten (10) times longer to send the audio file and ten (10) times longer for your recipient to receive the file. To enable audio compression make sure you have either “Real Time Compression” or “Post Compression” set under the File Management Tab under the Settings Icon.
To email audio files, do the following:
- Click on the Send Audio Icon (which will bring up the Send Audio dialogue box)
- Under the “Method Tab” make sure E-mail is selected
- Select an e-mail address from the list box below.
- Press Send
If you do not have any e-mail addresses in the list box below, you will need to do the following:
- Double click in the empty list box below.
- Enter the e-mail address you would like to add.
- Then select add and then OK
- Select this e-mail address from the list box.
- Press Send
If you are having problems sending audio files via E-mail with Quikscribe, do the following:
- Create a directory within your QS file directory called “Email”
- Create a LAN send to path to this directory in your Quikscribe Recorder
- Send all files you wish to E-mail to this directory
- Using your existing E-mail package, manually attach and send your audio files from this directory