Below is a summary of the tasks recommended to setup Quikscribe Recorder to function properly and effectively:
- Install Quikscribe Recorder
- Install appropriate hand control software
- Configure Windows audio settings
- Create folders on network drive for shared access by both authors and transcriptionists (for network installations)
- Configure Quikscribe to send files
- Register software
- Review hand control microphone training tutorial
- Set automatic file naming.
Details to complete these tasks follow.
Install Quikscribe Recorder Software
Following are the steps to install Quikscribe Recorder.
- Close all Windows applications.
- Enter the following link in the address line of an Internet browser.
- Click the link to download Quikscribe Recorder. Select Save or Save As to download the installation file and save it to a local PC or network drive for installation.
- Browse to the location on your PC or server to which the install program was downloaded and run the install program. The install program will have name with the following format QSRInstall_7.x.x.xxx.exe.
- Install with Administrator rights; otherwise problems may be encountered with the installation.
- Right-clicking the install software and selecting Run as administrator will install with administrator rights if the system is Windows 7 or 8.
- For Windows XP check for Administrator rights by clicking start -> control panel -> user accounts. The account may have a description of Administrator below it if the user has have Administrator rights. If the user does not have administrator rights, an administrator may need to log onto the computer and run the install program.
- Follow the on-screen menus, which guide you through the installation of the Quikscribe Recorder.
Following are images of the menus and the default actions to install Quikscribe Recorder.