You may submit your request for Technical Support via our Support page from this link.
Alternatively, you can also send it from the software. Displays pop-up panel with entry fields so that you can describe a performance issue with the Quikscribe software. An image of the support request panel is shown below.
Below are steps to send a support request.
1. Click Help and select Request Technical Support.
2. Leave Existing Issue ID blank unless you are providing information for a prior technical support request. Enter the ticket number if the request was already assigned a number.
3. Fill in the information for what happens when the issue occurs.
4. Click the pull-down box Severity to select the severity of your issue. Severity choices are critical, major, normal, minor and enhancement.
5. Click the pull-down Environment to select your work environment. Environment choices are standalone, office network, remote office network, Citrix, terminal server, and portable.
6. Fill in the information for duplicating the issue.
6. Finally click Send * to request support. You will get confirmation like below after clicking send. If the 1st panel below displays, enter the requested information and click the button Enter Client Information. The 2nd panel below shows the confirmation you will receive and your issue ticket number. Your confirmation will use your windows default email address. Requests are submitted online through a SmartController server.
Upon submission, the request will include copies of the user profile and log files to assist with investigating and troubleshooting the issue. A confirmation email will be sent to you. The files that are attached to the request are located in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Quikscribe\QSPlayer, if Windows XP, or C:\Users\ UserName \AppData\Local\Quikscribe\QSPlayer, if Windows 7. The following files, if present, will be compressed into a zip file and attached to the request. In addition, user status is displayed in logging.
• Player.plr (and any other profiles in your profile folder)
• Player.pft (profile template)
• Special Folder redirection registry keys
* If the Send function does not complete, send an email to Support@quikscribe.com. Click the Send Via Email button, and a panel will display with the path and the file name of the compressed (zip) file containing the Quikscribe Player log and other files needed by technical support. The zip file has a name such as QSP_25-Feb-2010_15-40-17_00-12-3F-B0-34-17.zip. Click OK and Windows Explorer will display the folder containing the zip file needed. Describe your issues and attach the QSP zip file to your email.
In the image below the zip file is outlined. This is the file to attach to the email.