The Digitel System is what we use for call-in or phone dictation.
1. Check if your pc is using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
2. Do not connect the DigiTel Pod to a USB Port yet.
3. On the CD, run “DigiTel 32-Bit Installation” or “DigiTel 64-Bit Installation”. The DigiTel User Manual is available on the CD and on the website too.
4. Run the Full Installation Program and then follow the following instructions: click “OK”, “OK”, “Setup”, the “Square PC Picture” (installing in the “c:\Apptec\DigiTel\” directory only), “Yes” if asked “do you want to keep this file?”, “Continue”, and then “OK”.
5. Do not run the DigiTel program yet. Now connect the DigiTel Pod to your pc’s USB Port. If you have more than one Pod, just connect one 4-line Pod at this time.
6. Next, wait for Windows’ “Found New Hardware Wizard” to pop up and then follow the instruction on the other side of this guide to install the DigiTel Pod driver
7. Reboot the pc now. Once it reboots and DigiTel starts, open its Toolbox and go to the “Activation Data” tab. Enter the Activation Data from the label on the underside of the DigiTel Pod, and click SAVE. DigiTel will then automatically restart and the Pod’s green LED will blink… indicating that it is ready for use.
8. Next, from the Toolbox’s User tab, select a user, enter a PIN and Name and click SAVE. Repeat this for each user.
9. Now connect your analog phone lines and call into DigiTel. DigiTel will greet each user and talk them through the log-in and dictation process.
10. Please see the enclosed Getting Started Guide and the DigiTel User Manual for important computer Power Options settings and recommended PC Maintenance, important Phone Line settings, and other important information.
11. After installation, call your DigiTel System and then hang-up to verify that the phone line returns Idle within a few seconds. If it does not, contact your phone provider and ask them to enable “Disconnect
Supervision” on your phone lines.
12. If you connect two or more phone lines to your DigiTel System, you may wish to ask your phone provider to put those phone lines into a “Rollover Group”. This will enable access to your DigiTel system by dialing a
single phone number.
13. If you connect two or more phone lines to your DigiTel System, you may wish to ask your phone provider to put those phone lines into a “Rollover Group”. This will enable access to your DigiTel system by dialing a
single phone number.