To check the sound level open a file that you know has good audio levels within it. The Quikscribe Tutorial has good sound level, so to check the sound level:
1. Open Quikscribe Player.
2. Select Help. Select Play Tutorial.
3. Click Play Tutorial.
If you cannot hear any audio being played, here are some possible reasons:
• If you can hear the Tutorial but cannot hear a file that has been sent to you for transcription, the author of the dictation may need to increase the recording volume for the Recorder hand control.
• Your speakers or headphone may not be correctly connected. Make sure they are securely plugged into the correct output jack. If your sound card is color coded, green normally represents the sound output.
• Your speakers or headphone may not be working. If sound flows through the speakers but not the headphone, your headphone may not be working, and vice versa. To check, plug in a known working set and test again.
• Your output volume level may be too low, which means you will have to adjust the audio level.To adjust the volume click the Playback Controls icon. Adjust the Volume slider to a higher level.
• The Windows Mute button may be turned on.
• It is possible that your sound card in your computer is not working, not installed or incorrectly installed. To resolve this issue, contact your Network Administrator to re-install or replace your sound card or sound card drivers.