A locked file may cause the automatic file notification to flash red. To check for a locked file do the following:
1. Open Quikscribe Player and click the Open Audio Icon, the yellow folder.
2. Check Display Locked Files in the bottom left.
3. If a file is locked, it will display in gray.
4. Click each of your mapped folders in the box Path Name and check for locked files.
5. Delete any locked file from the queue (after making sure it is already transcribed), and the file notification should be the expected color.
Also see the category Filemonitor Notification is Incorrect.