In the top left hand corner of the Quikscribe Player interface you will see a small yellow speaker. This Application Icon notifies the typist by changing color when a new file arrives or if urgent or overdue files are waiting.
- Yellow speaker indicates that no files are currently waiting to be transcribed
- Green stable speaker indicates that a file is currently open (being transcribed) and that one or more files are currently waiting to be transcribed
- Green flashing speaker indicates no file is currently open (being transcribed) but one or more files are currently waiting to be transcribed
- Red stable speaker indicates that a file is currently open (being transcribed) and that one or more Urgent or Overdue files are currently waiting to be transcribed
- Red flashing speaker indicates that no file is currently open (being transcribed) and but one or more Urgent or Overdue files are currently waiting to be transcribed
Understanding how file are queued
All files sent from the Quikscribe Recorder are automatically queued based on the files priority. When a file is sent by an author, the author has the ability to set a required by time for the file to be completed by. For example, if 4 hours was selected, the Quikscribe Recorder adds this value (4 hours) to the current date and time and saves this information to the beginning of the file being sent for transcription. As a result, the file being sent now has a prefix added, as illustrated below.
Original File Name: Bill Smith 123.iaf
Requested Turnaround time: 4 hours
Date & Time Sent: 15th March 2002 at 10 am
Filename of file that is Sent: 020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf
020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf Year 02
020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf Month March
020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf Day 15th
020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf Time (24 hour time) 14:00 (2PM)
020315_1400_Bill Smith 123.iaf Original File Name Bill Smith 123.iaf
Note: If a file is sent as being Urgent, the Quikscribe Recorder automatically puts a 00 for the Year value. As a result, when listed within a directory, it will always appear first within the queue. Also because the file is Urgent, it is displayed in red text. If there is multiple Urgent files, the file that was sent first, will occupy the first position in the queue and so on and so forth. If at any time a file requested turnaround time is not achieved, the file will now be viewed by the Quikscribe Player from this point on as being Overdue, so rather than the file notification flashing Green, it will now flash Red additionally when displayed, it will be displayed in Red text also.