In order to create new profile/user for your new employee or typist:
- Open Quikscribe Player. Click File at the top.
- Select Change Profile.
- Type in the new user’s name in the box provided.
- Click Add Profile button.
- Click OK button.
You can also add or create new profile directly in your QsFiles Profiles folder.
- Go to your QsFiles folders. It might be in a different directory path in your computer.
- Select one of the profiles that was already created, and right-click using your mouse.
- Select Copy.
- Click on anywhere inside the folder, right-click using your mouse and select Paste.
- The newly pasted profile will show up like this, with -Copy in the name.
- Select it and right-click using your mouse. Select Rename.
- Type-in your new user’s name.
- It will not show the new profile’s name.
Please note that if you are sharing computers with different Quikscribe users, it would be best to enable “Prompt for Profile on Startup.” This will give you option to select the profile to use when you open Quikscribe.
- Open Quikscribe and click on the Settings icon.
- Go to Settings tab. Tick the box to put a checkmark next to Prompt for profile on startup.
- Click OK.