Hand Control Training allows you to review or define specific button functions for the Hand Control microphone.
1. Open Quikscribe Recorder.
2. Select Help from the top menu. Select Hand Control Training.
3. An image of your hand control microphone will display.
4. Press a button on your hand control. The function of the button will display and play. The functions of the slider and mouse controls do not play.
5. You may elect the function for some buttons. If the box with the drop-down arrow is available for a button, you may change the function of that button. Click the drop-down arrowhead to view the list of possible functions. Move the slider under the arrow to view additional functions.
6. New File and Send File are two useful functions that many users set for the elective buttons on hand controls.
7. You may also use your mouse to click a button on the image. Again the function of the button will display and the function of the button may play.
8. Check the back of your hand control. Press those buttons to see an image of the back of your hand control and to see the function of the buttons on the back.
8. Some users accidently press the buttons on the back. Those users sometimes choose to change the function of the elective button on the back to ‘Nil Function’. Other users prefer a record button or other recording function on the back of the hand control.