Double check if the directory folder where files are being saved to matches with the path map set in the Quikscribe Player.
In order to check to which folder the dictated files are saved, you can follow the instructions below:
1. Open Quikscribe Recorder from the dictation computer.
2. Click on the Send File Options.
3. Click on Edit Path button.
4. You’ll find the name of the folder in the Current Sites section. Click it, and the directory path will show in the Site Location. Copy the entire directory path.
5. Open your Quikscribe Player now.
6. Click on the Quikscribe Settings icon.
7. Select Preferences and click on the Set Path Maps button.
8. Paste the directory path (Step 4) in the Drives box and hit Enter from your keyboard.
9. This will show the folders under that directory path as shown below:
10. Double-click on the Dictation (normally, it’s named “Typists”, depending on how it was set-up) to show the folders for the transcriptionists (or typists). Select the name of the typist/user. Notice that the name will show in the New Site box. Click Add.
11. It will now be added in the Current Site box. Click OK to save changes.