The error message looks something like below. It pops up when you start Quikscribe Player. The most common reason is that it is being blocked by your computer’s anti-virus or security software.
We suggest that you contact your IT person to put the Quikscribe folder (in the Program files) in the excluded or exception list. This will let your anti-virus/security software skip the Quikscribe files/applications when it does a computer scan.
AVG Internet Security
- Click on the AVG icon from your system tray.
- Go to Options, and click Advanced Settings.
- Click Exceptions.
- Click Add Exception button.
- In the Select Exception Type menu, select Folder.
- Click Browse. Select the Quikscribe Folder (located C:\Program Files (x86)\Quikscribe or C:\Program Files\Quikscribe). Click Ok. Then OK again.
- Click Apply and click OK.
You might need to restart your computer afterwards.
- Open the VIPRE Business console.
- Right click the intended policy and select Properties.
- One the left, expand Exceptions and highlight Exclusions.
- Select Add.Then select Add Folder.
- Click Browse. Select the Quikscribe Folder (located C:\Program Files (x86)\Quikscribe or C:\Program Files\Quikscribe).
- Select OK and Apply the changes before selecting OK once more.