Follow the instructions below to make sure that the firmware upgrade for your Digital Pocket Memo device is performed correctly:
1. Make sure new batteries are inserted into the Digital Pocket Memo or the Digital Pocket Memo is powered through a power supply during update.
2. Switch on and connect the Digital Pocket Memo to the PC.
3. Download the firmware file by clicking this link or pasting the link in the address line of a browser. https://www.dictation.philips.com/support-contact/product-support/product/pocket_memo_digital_dictation_recorder_lfh9600_series/
4. Select Firmware Upgrade.
5. Select Firmware Upgrade again.
6. This will download the *.dpm file. If you are using Google Chrome, it will show like this at the bottom of your browser.
7. Copy/Cut and paste the *.dpm file to the root of the memory card in the Digital Pocket Memo. [In Windows the root of the memory card will often be labeled Philips (F:)] Note: – Do not copy the *.dpm file to a CD-ROM drive as the file will be marked read only.
7. When the file has been copied to the Digital Pocket Memo, disconnect the USB connection to the PC. Do not switch off the Digital Pocket Memo. The upgrade will start automatically. The display of the Digital Pocket Memo will show:
Note: To view detailed information about the Digital Pocket Memo and firmware version, you can follow the instructions from this link.