The Quikscribe Recorder can perform a lot of advanced features such as the ability to Insert additional dictation, Undo and Redo dictation, Insert Markers with Text Attachments and Screen Shots plus attached other documents and files. However the aim of this tutorial is to simply explain how to Record, Rewind and Play an audio file.
Do the following:
- Click on the New Audio Icon.
- Enter any file details that you wish to add e.g. Matter No, Subject etc.
- Select Create. (This will create your new audio file)
- Hold down the RECORD button on the Quikscribe Hand Control and speak to record (the microphone is built-in to the Hand Control). To STOP recording release the RECORD button.
- Press REWIND to return to the beginning of the dictation.
- Press the PLAY button to hear what you have just recorded. (If you cannot hear the recording, you may need to refer to the earlier section Setting Up and Testing Your Sound Card).