Quikscribe Recorder sends files across a network to you and you will be notified by Quikscribe to transcribe the files. To initialize this process, shared folders need to be properly set-up and configured. You will access these folders. If you cannot access the shared folders, see the section Create shared folders on network drive in the Quikscribe Recorder manual, which describes setup of your send destination locations and associated sub-folders.
Do the following to configure Quikscribe Player to receive files through a Network:
1. Open Quikscribe Player. Click the Open Audio icon.
2. Select Settings in the menu at the top left. Select Path Maps.
3. Click the Quikscribe Settings icon.
4. Select LAN in the top left drop-down box.
5. In the Drives box select your shared network drive. Your drive may be F: or Q: or another letter as established by your network administrator.
6. In the Folder box double-click the shared network drive, then double-click the folder QsFiles, then double-click the subfolder Typists, and finally double-click your named subfolder. Your named folder will now display in the New Site box. In the example below the typist name is Typist 1.
7. Click Add. Your name will now display in the Current Sites box.
8. If you access the files of other typists or share duties with them, you may add their names to Current Sites. Click OK to close the Network Locations panel.