Setting up to send files via e-mail
The Quikscribe Recorder can easily send files across the Internet via E-mail providing you are using a MAPI compliant e-mail client installed e.g. MS Outlook or Outlook Express. But before this can happen, Quikscribe needs to be properly setup and configured.
To do so, do the following:
- Click on the File Menu
- Click on New Audio
- Click on Create (this will create a new audio file)
- Click on File Menu
- Click on the Send Audio
- Under the “Method Tab” make sure Email is selected
- Next, double click in the empty list box below.
- Enter the e-mail address you would like to add.
- Then select Add and then OK
Note: Before sending an audio file via e-mail it is highly recommended that your audio file is compressed. Otherwise it will take ten (10) times longer to send the audio file and ten (10) times longer for your recipient to receive the file. To enable audio compression make sure you have either “Real Time Compression” or “Post Compression” set under the File Management Tab under the Settings Icon.
If you are having problems sending audio files via E-mail with Quikscribe, do the following:
- Create a directory within your QS file directory titled Email
- Create a LAN send path to this directory in your Quikscribe Recorder
- Send all files you wish to E-mail to this directory
- Using your existing E-mail package, manually attach and send your audio files from this directory