- Download the latest firmware version from the product’s support page of Philips.
- Extract the firmware from the downloaded zipped file. Right-click the zipped firmware file and extract the file’s contents to a convenient location such as your desktop. The extracted folder will contain a note in .htm format and the actual firmware in a .bin format.
- Start the Speech Control or Philips Device Control Software. If you don’t have it, please download and install from this link.
Before you start the Philips Device Control Center, ensure that your SpeechMike is connected to your computer. If it is not connected, plug the SpeechMike into your computer. NOTE: if your computer needs to install the drivers for your SpeechMike, restart your computer after the drivers have been installed and carry on as follows.
Start the Speech Control software in one of the following ways:
- Click on the Start Menu> All Programs> Philips Speech Control> Philips Device Control Center
- Click the Philips Device Control Center icon which is likely in the hidden portion of your task tray
- Load the firmware. Within the Philips Device Control Center, click Device> Firmware upgrade. Click Import.
- Browse to the folder containing the downloaded firmware.
- Click OK.
- The Philips Device Control Center will confirm that the importation has been successful. Click OK.
- Upgrade the Speechmike’s firmware. Select the latest firmware within the list, and click Upgrade.
- Confirm that you wish to upgrade the SpeechMike by clicking Yes, upgrade the device.
- The Firmware upgrade will begin, with a warning not to disconnect the SpeechMike until the upgrade is complete.
- Once complete, the Firmware upgrade dialog box disappears.
- Click Device> Firmware upgrade to confirm that the most recent version is current.