Quikscribe Licence Server Error
There is a known issue with Philips Digital Pocket Memo and Quikscribe Recorder, Downloader. It normally causes any or all of the following:
1. Crashes the Quikscribe Recorder as the DPM connects to the computer.
2. It reverts the Quikscribe Downloader to Demo Mode
3. An error message occurs:
“We have been unable to connect to the Quikscribe Licence server and you have attempted to run the software more than the maximum allowable times. Please contact your system administrator.”
Our programming team has already been working to fixing this issue. The below is a suggested and tested work around to fix this.
Note: Please make sure that your Windows user profile has admin rights, before performing the following troubleshooting steps.”
1. Uninstall any version of Quikscribe Recorder from your computer.
2. Make sure that there are no Quikscribe Recorder files of any versions saved in your computer. It is normally located in your Program Files folder – C:\Program Files\Quikscribe
3. Download and save to your computer the installer from this link. Do not run/open it yet.
4. Go to the folder where the installer was saved. Normally it is located in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Downloads
5. Select the installer file. Right-click using your mouse and click Properties.
6. Under General tab, click the Unblock button as shown below:
7. Go to Compatibility tab. Under the Privilege section, please put a check mark next to Run As ad Administrator. Click Apply. Then OK.
8. Install Quikscribe Recorder as usual. Do not open it yet once done.
9. Go to the folder where the Quikscribe Recorder software was saved. Normally, it is located in – C:\Program Files\Quikscribe\Quikscribe Recorder
10. Look for the file QSR. Select and right-click using your mouse. Then click Properties.
11. Go to Compatibility tab. Under the Privilege section, put a check mark next to Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply. Then OK.
12. Next, look for the file Quikscribe Downloader. Select and right-click using your mouse. Click Properties.
13. Go to Compatibility tab. Under Privilege level section, put a check mark next to Run this program as an administrator.
14. Open Quikscribe Recorder and Quikscribe Downloader.
Please note that since you are installing the software on this computer, it should automatically register the licence as it starts. It will also carry the same settings that it used to have – though it is still advisable to double check.
15. Connect your Philips Digital Pocket Memo. In some instances, this may still crash your Quikscribe Recorder, but it should be fixed once done setting up the Downloader and restarting the computer.
16. Make sure that your Quikscribe Downloader can recognize your Philips DPM as shown below. If it doesn’t, it can be a different issue.
17. Go to Settings and select Device Settings.
18. Make sure that it is set to send all selected files as shown below:
19. Click the blank button next to “Send Paths” as shown below.
20. It will open your Windows Explorer. Select your profile (recorder.pfl is the default. It will appear differently if you have set profiles for your Quikscribe Recorder.) as shown below. Then click Open.
21. You’ll notice that the profile name will appear in your Quikscribe Downloader in the box provided as shown below. Click Save.
22. Disconnect your Philips Digital Pocket Memo from the computer.
23. Close all programs and restart/reboot your computer.
24. Open your Quikscribe recorder and Downloader again.
25. Connect your Philips Digital Pocket Memo and test your new softwares.