Update Admin Rights of Windows User Account for Quikscribe
Quikscribe softwares should always be run as an Administrator. One of the possible issues that may come up when it’s used by a Windows user with limited privilege is error when sending or completing files to the network.
In order to check your User Level settings, you can do the following:
- Go to Start and select Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- It will take you to the page where you can see your User Account overview. It should say “Administrator” as shown below.
If you’re still unable to complete or send files to the network, or as an alternative from getting Admin Rights, you or your IT person can set/edit your permissions to the network folder.
- Locate your network folder for Quikscribe. Normally, you can find this in –> Computer –> Network Location section as shown below:
- Right-click, and select Properties.
- Go to Security tab. If you already see your name in the Group or usernames list, proceed to step 6. If not, click Edit.
- Click Add.
- Enter your username. Click Check Names and click OK.
- Select your name and make sure all these options below have a check mark. Click Apply and OK.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Then test Quikscribe on sending or completing files.