Quikscribe Player is installed on transcription computer
Download and install the Quikscribe Player to your transcription pc.
Note: Select “Save” if you want to download the installation file and save it to your local PC or network drive for future installation. Select “Open” if you want to run the installation routine immediately.
When prompted, select “Default” to install just the QS Player. Select ‘Custom’ or ‘Complete’ to install QS Player and other program options (Voice Recognition, QS Viewer, Management).
You may need to add the following folders and files as exceptions to your anti-virus or security software:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Quikscribe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Philips Speech Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\QuikscribeShared
Check with your I.T. support group for assistance with your security software, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on this.
Quikscribe Player User Manual (detailed instructions of all features)
QS Player configuration tips:
- Select “System Settings”, then “Preferences”, and change Comm Port from “Autodetect” to “USB” to recognize the foot pedal (if necessary)
- Set the default file path to the appropriate network folder created for the transcriptionist’s files (under Settings -> Preferences -> Set Path Maps)