Quikscribe Registration Procedure
Please register your Quikscribe Recorder and Player Dictation and Transcription Software within 30 days of installation; otherwise it will go into DEMO Mode. If the software goes into DEMO Mode, you will only be able to Record or Transcribe for up to 30 seconds.
Note: If you are using Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista, make sure you are logged in with Administrator rights, otherwise you may encounter problems with the registration process below. Also, temporarily disable anti-virus and firewall software during the registration process.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE USING THE QS LICENSE SERVER FOR AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION
To register, simply do the following within either the Quikscribe Recorder or Quikscribe Player:
- Select the Help menu
- Select the Register option
- Locate the registration code (with dashes) provided upon purchase for the Quikscribe Recorder or Player.
- Either Copy (CTRL-C) and Paste (CTRL-V) this registration code into the space provided or type the code into the entry panel, and type the user id or PC identification in the “User ID” panel, then select ‘Register’.
Note: Enter a unique User ID for each PC – this will help identify the registration with the PC in case you have future questions about which PCs you have registered, or for future license transfers to another PC. The User ID field can identify who uses the PC, or an inventory tag for the PC.
- Select ‘Register’ to confirm the entries
- The following panel will appear confirming the registration for the PC:
- Deregister Software License: Once the software is registered, you may deregister it and move the license to another computer at any time. To deregister, select Help, then License Info, then Go Online. Select the button “Deregister” and follow the prompts to completion. Once completed, the license is available to register on another computer.
- Registration Problems: The above registration process requires an Internet connection to validate the license. If an Internet connection is not possible, you can manually generate a registration reference code and email it to email@example.com. We will return a license key number for you to enter in the registration panel to validate the registration.
If you have any questions or problems with the registration, please use the Email Support Request function (under the Help menu), or call Quikscribe Technical Support at 800-852-2526 (option 2).